We also offer companies who sell proprietary products and services the option of purchasing ABC codes.
ABC Codes For Proprietary Products
Manufacturers have purchased ABC codes for proprietary products, interventions and trademarked training when they want to measure the efficacy of these interventions as claims are filed to insurers. To meet this demand, ABC Coding Solutions has developed the following policies for purchasing ABC code for proprietary products, interventions and training.
Proprietary ABC Code Policy Effective October 1, 2015
Companies requesting proprietary ABC codes pay a minimum fee of $5,000 for one or two ABC codes. Three to four ABC codes can be purchased for $7,500. Up to six ABC Codes can be purchased for $10,000. Pricing for more than six ABC codes are negotiated separately. ABC Coding Solutions management works closely with manufacturers to set up test billing for proprietary ABC code(s). A down payment of 50% is required to secure the services of management and begin the coding process. This fee is refundable if ABC Coding Solutions determines that a proprietary code request cannot be fulfilled. The remaining 50% is paid upon the manufacturer’s written approval of the proprietary code terminology developed by ABC Coding Solutions. However, ABC Coding Solutions maintains complete authority over final code terminology and the assignment of specific codes for proprietary products and services.
The following information must be supplied with each proprietary code request:
- Completed “ABC Code Request Form” – Please select below which form you want to fill out.
- Training/credentials necessary to use the product, intervention or proprietary service
- FDA clearance(s) or letter(s) concerning the product, if applicable
- Marketing materials that explain the use of the product
- Lists of health professions the manufacturer targets for sales and/or training
- ABC may also ask for third party verification of the manufacturer’s claims
Upon acceptance of an application for a proprietary code(s), ABC Coding Solutions will:
- Work with the manufacturer until code terminology is accepted in writing
- Assign ABC codes to the terminology
- Publish the new proprietary code(s) in the next edition – and all following editions – of “The ABC Coding Manual” (until and unless the manufacturer goes out of business or requests that the ABC code(s) be retired).
- Publish the proprietary code(s) in the next version – and all following versions – of “The ABC ASCII Data Files” used for loading ABC codes into electronic claims and payment systems (until and unless the manufacturer goes out of business or requests that the ABC code(s) be retired).
- Guide the manufacturer in test billing the proprietary codes with a practicing healthcare provider.
There are no additional charges for proprietary code in the ABC coding system.